Global Business Ethics Faculty Network member 2010, Bentley University, Boston, US. Report on UN Principles of Responsible Management Education
Faculty Affiliate – International Center for Anti-Consumption Research (ICAR) – Auckland University
Invited Scholar, European Master’s Program in Consumer Affairs (EURECA) in 2010,
Technische Universität München, Germany. Invited Courses were Consumer Research and Marketing Ethics (declined due to lack of funding).
Moderator, ILO-FEI second CSR conference, session on CSR in universities, January 14, 2016.
Invited Participant, the “Research and Innovation for Sustainable Development in the Arab Region” conference, 29 – 30 December 2014, at the Bibliotheca Alexandrina, Alexandria, Egypt
Editor, Balanced Leader Arabic book series, publication by Dar Al-Kutub Publishing House (2013).
Case write, Keller’s Strategic Brand Management textbook, Pearson/Prentice Hall International Publisher, 2012 (contributed 2 in-text cases on El-Ezaby pharmacy chain and Etisalat).
Case writer for the Giving Voice to Values (GVV) program at Babson College, US.
Cooperation with Emerald for a sponsored Social Responsibility and Sustainability Student Video Competition (2012)
- Member of the International Association for Business and Society (IABS).
- Member of the Society of Consumer Psychology (SCP)..
- Faculty Affiliate – International Center for Anti-Consumption Research (ICAR) – Auckland University
- Member of the Middle East Council for Small Business and Entrepreneurship (MCSBE), an affiliate of the International Council for Small Businesses (ICSB)
- Member of the American Marketing Association Academic Community through the ELMAR listserv.
- Member of the Association for Consumer Research Listserv operated by the Oklahoma State University.
- Member of the Social Marketing Listserv.
- Member of the Academy of Marketing’s Marketing of Higher Education Special Interest Group (SIG).
- External Member of the Business Ethics Initiative, Community Development Committee, the Egyptian Junior Business Association (EJB)
- Member of the Transformative Consumer Research (TCR) Listserv
- Member of the Online Business Ethics Teaching Space Listserv (BETS-Listserv)
- Member of the Managing-for-Sustainability Listserv
- Member of the Association of Moral Education (AME) Next Generation of Scholars Listserv
- Associate Editor, the Journal of Islamic Marketing (the leading publication on the field in the world)
- Senior Editorial Advisory Board Member, the Journal of Islamic Marketing. The journal is ranked 64th out of 158 titles in the SCImago journal rankings (http://www.scimagojr.com/index.php), i.e. it is listed in Q2 of the Marketing category.
- Editor (with Mary C. Gentile), GVV Egypt-Edition case studies and relevant case book sponsored by the ILO (2015)
- Editorial Review Board – Journal of Business Research special issue on “Leaving Pleasantville: Transforming beyond Self in Everyday Life.”
- Editorial Review Board, the Journal of Macromarketing special issue on Religion and Macromarketing
- Reviewer, European Journal of Marketing special issue on Neuromarketing, 2017
- Reviewer for the Journal of Business Ethics (acknowledged in 2011 and 2012 – see for e.g. http://www.springerlink.com/content/h831016n33571124/ 100 (4) 2011, p. 705-716)
- Reviewer for the 2010 AMA Summer Marketing Educators Conference
- Reviewer for the 2010 Society of Consumer Psychology (SCP) annual dissertation proposal competitions.
- Adhoc Reviewer for the Journal of Marketing Management
- Adhoc Reviewer for the Journal of Social Marketing
- Adhoc Reviewer for the Social Responsibility Journal
- Adhoc Reviewer for the Journal of Marketing for Higher Education
Organizer, “Marketing and Sustainability in a Digital World” conference at GUC in cooperation with the Technical University in Berlin (TUB), March 21-25, 2016.
Organizer, “Insights into the Publication Process” workshop in 2017.
Co-Moderator, “the role of universities in CSR”, ILO-FEI second international CSR conference, January 14, 2016.
Organizer, “Business Ethics” workshop by Mr. Hatem Khater (December 11, 2015)
Organized the “Sustainable Marketing Practices in Emerging Economies” panel/workshop at the second Responsible Management Education Research (UN-PRME) Conference, September 7-8, 2015 (in which I also presented the Business and Society Research Cluster).
Organized the “Structural Equation Modeling for Dummies” workshop, GUC, September 2015 (funded by Savola project).
Co-organized the GUC/FEI/ILO international workshop “Toward Socially-Responsible and Sustainable Management Education and Practice” – May 5-7, 2015 in which I gave an opening speech entitled “Socially-Responsible Management and the Creation of Social Capital”, May 6, 2015 (event outcome @ http://www.guc.edu.eg/en/home/news/news_details.aspx?newsID=202) – Total budget EGP 110,000 with Ahmed El Ragal
Invited national CSR expert at the ILO Turin training to corporates – May 20. Presentation entitled “CSR Challenges in Egypt: Research-Based Insights and Implications” – Safeer Dokki hotel, Cairo.
Represented the Business and Society Research Cluster in many events including the German chamber CSR committee, ILO events, Ahead of The Curve (with which we had an MoU), etc.
Invited participant to March 16, 2015 Experiential Learning Summit at AUC (Global Business School Network)
Presented the cluster and gave a session entitled “The Role of Academic Research in Enlightening the Path toward Development in Egypt: A Roadmap” as part of the African Development Bank and GUC symposium (March 17, 2015).
Invited Participant, “Research and Innovation for Sustainable Development in the Arab Region” Conference, 29 – 30 December 2014, Bibliotheca Alexandrina, Alexandria, Egypt
Invited Participant, “Role of CSR in Enhancing Competitiveness” conference, 3 February, 2015 organized by the Federation of Egyptian Industries and the International Labor Organization in Egypt.
Session chair, Islamic Microfinance at the Islamic Banking and Finance conference (IBF 2014), June 23-4, Lancaster University, UK.
Organizer, workshop entitled “consumer emotions and creating customer experiences” by Prof. Adrienne Steffen, Heidelberg International Business Academy, Mannheim, March 1st, 2015, GUC.
Organizer, workshop entitled “Insights on the Publication Process: Summary Feedback on the ESCP Europe Meet the Editors Workshop (10-9-2013).
Presenter, “Character Education for Sustainable Consumption: Lessons from Partnership for Education and Research for Responsible Living (PERL) International” as part of the Innovative Methodologies for Sustainable Communities workshop sponsored by the DAAD, 2-3 October 2012, GUC.
Co-organizer, seminar program for the visiting professorship of Prof. Anabel Ternès (28-30/11/2013).
Organizer, seminar program for the visiting professorship of Prof. Gunter Silberer (6/2013).
Focal point, cooperation with ISTER including an article on character education in the Bridge magazine and a video on technology and international education (online @ http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NJJ4nRe-JNM).
Organizer of many corporate seminars, including Juhayna seminar (25-3-2014), Regional marketing research director of Savola (11/11/2014), and Retail Audit manager of AC Nielsen (2/12/2014).
Organizer, “Structural Equation Modeling for Dummies: Introduction to SEM” workshop at the German University in Cairo, 16-18 July 2012.
Organizer, Social Responsibility Video Competition, offered by the Business and Society Research Cluster (BSRC), Emerald and supported by Ethics-Based Marketing and SIFE club, 2012 (Winning video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNZfuCIXbQE&feature=youtu.be).
Co-Organizer for the seminar program of Dr. Andrea Bassi, specialized in Social Economy at Bologna University, Italy as well as Dr. Jasser Auda, Qatar Foundation and Dr. Hania Shamat, University of Florida (May 2012).
Co-organizer, “Towards a Sustainable Society in the MENA Region: Roadmap and Priorities” conference (http://www.guc.edu.eg/Events/EventDetails.aspx?eventID=89) in cooperation with the Khazindar Case Center at the American University in Cairo (AUC), and Misr El-Kheir Foundation (MEK), held on March 1-2, 2012 (guest editor of a related special issue of The MENA Journal of Case-Studies to be published by IBIMA Publishing (http://www.ibimapublishing.com/journals/MENA/mena).
Chair of “Islamic Marketing Mix” session at the first International conference on Islamic Marketing and Branding (ICIMB 2010), Kuala Lampur, Malaysia
Academic Advisor and Chair, GUC’s Third Annual Undergraduate Management Research Conference
Leader, GUC delegation to Germany, Summer 2011 (cooperation universities include TU München, LMU, Ingolstadt, Catholic University of Eichstatt-Ingolstadt, TU Berlin, University of Bonn, and Goettingen).
Coordinator, the GUC-EJB partnership agreement, Business Ethics Initiative
Coordinator, the GUC-ECRC cooperation.
Coordinator, the Business and Society Research Cluster, GUC (presented internationally at Technische Universitaat Muenchen, July 2011; Istanbul University, November 2011; and Bologna University, January 2012).
Co-organizer, Prof. Berndt Helmig (Mannheim University) seminar and panel discussion on the non-profit management research domain (June 2011) GUC
Co-organizer, GUC’s 1st International Workshop on CSR and Sustainability (by the Business and Society Research Cluster; see description and international participants on http://www.guc.edu.eg/Events/EventDetails.aspx?eventID=55 ; March 1-2, 2011) – Event announced at University of Barcelona science park newsletter (http://www.pcb.ub.edu/homePCB/live/ct/o190.asp?nid=4136)
Organizer, seminar program and Marketing department peer review by Prof. Pallab Paul and Dr. Kausiki Mukhopadhyay (Denver University) (Oct. 30-Nov. 9, 2010).
Co-organizer, Prof. Steffen Stelzer, Prof. of Philosophy and Dean of the School of Humanities and Social Sciences at AUC, session on Research, Purpose of Knowledge, and Philosophy (December 13, 2010) GUC
Organizer, Dr. Mariam Saada, PhD. in Hispanic Languages and Literature from the Spanish and Portuguese Department at UCLA, University of California in Los Angeles, 2 sessions on “Spanish History: Post-Andalusian Collapse” and “Balancing Personal and Professional Lives” (December 20 and 28, 2010 respectively) GUC
Organizer and Founder, first graduate research awards for CSR in Egypt, in the context of GUC’s Forth Student Research Conference (awards by BAG group and the AAIB – 2009).
Organized a seminar titled “Communication Channels of CSR in Egypt: The ECRC-Global Compact Partnership” as part of GUC cooperation with the Egyptian Corporate Responsibility Center (2009).
Organized and moderated a seminar titled “Marketing Research at Savola” by Mr. Diaa Rashwan, Executive Marketing Research Manager of SAVOLA International Company, Egypt (2009).
Organized and moderated a seminar titled “Managing Marketing Channels: The Case of Google” by Mr. Wael Ghonim, Product and Marketing Manager, Middle East and North Africa, Google Inc. (2009).
Organized and moderated a seminar titled “Managing Channels of Distribution at Unilever” by Mr. Bassem Darwish, Modern Trade Channel Marketing Manager, Unilever Mashreq (2009).
Organized and moderated a seminar titled “Building a Multinational from Our Region: Learning from Savola Case” by Mr. Zouhair El-Oudghiri, Chief Executive Officer, Savola Foods Sector (2009).
Organized and moderated a seminar titled “The Application of Marketing Research at AC Nielsen” by Ms. Marwa Abdel Haffiz, Research Executive, Consumer Research, The Nielsen Company (2008).
Organized and moderated a seminar titled “Marketing Research Suppliers at Savola” by Ms. Yasmin Badawy, Department Manager, Adhoc Research Africa and Central Asia in the Strategic Management Services Division of SAVOLA International Company, Egypt (2008).
Organized and moderated a seminar titled “Qualitative Marketing Research at Synovate” by Ms. Noha Aly, Qualitative Research Manager, Synovate, Egypt (2007).